Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Banana Pecan Bread

It can't get any yummier and healthy than this! This is great any time of day due to it's dose of fruit, heart healthy fats and protein. I was delighted to get to use the pecans from my father in law's pecan tree at his office. The pecans were lovingly shelled by my in laws! I hope you make this recipe and enjoy it! I just want to let you know we will be going on vacation for a week and so I will be taking a food blog hiatus. I cannot wait to be back next week, though, sharing wonderful whole food recipes with you!

BANANA PECAN BREAD
Serves: 9

1 1/2 cup almond flour
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 Tbs cinnamon
3 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup honey
3 Tbs unsweetened applesauce
2 bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped pecans

1. Mix almond flour, sea salt, baking soda and cinnamon in a large bowl. Set aside.
2. Mix honey, eggs, applesauce, vanilla and bananas in a bowl. 
3. Add banana mixture to the flour mixture. Stir. Add pecans. Stir.
4. Pour mixture into a greased 8x8 pan and bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment