LENTIL POTATO SOUP
1 Tbs coconut oil
1 medium onion, diced
2 celery stalks, sliced
3 carrots, diced
1 Tbs minced garlic (2 cloves)
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp ground thyme
1/4 tsp ground cumin
3 small yukon gold potatoes, diced
5 cups homemade chicken stock
2 cups lentils (I used green lentils)
1. Heat a large soup pot over medium heat. Add oil. Add onion, celery and carrots. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add garlic. Cook 1 minute. Add spices and cook 30 seconds, stirring.
3. Add potatoes and stock. Bring to a simmer and cook 20 minutes.
4. Add lentils and simmer 30 more minutes or until lentils are tender.
5. Serve garnished with fresh chopped green onions.