Friday, February 10, 2012

Gluten Free Carrot Cake



I have to thank www.shortbreadbakery.blogspot.com for this amazing recipe. I did change it just a little to suit our tastes and what I had on hand. This is delicious and is a treat you can feel amazing about eating! It is made with healthy fat almond flour. I use almond flour for the little bit of baking I do. White flour and white sugar are a train wreck to your body. They are super processed and cause an instant blood sugar spike which, when done repeatedly over years, can cause insulin resistance which can lead to a host of health problems. Yuck! I buy my almond flour online from honeyville products and it is wonderful! I have tried Bob's Red Mill Almond flour and it is really expensive and does not bake well.


GLUTEN FREE CARROT CAKE
Serves: 9

1 1/2 cups almond flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 Tbs cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
3 eggs, beaten
1/4 agave nectar or honey
3 Tbs unsweetened organic applesauce
1 1/2 cups grated carrots

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg (the dry ingredients)
3. In a separate medium size bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients (the wet ingredients).
4. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
5. Pour batter into a lightly greased 8x8 pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. 
6. EAT!! and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment