Monday, December 12, 2011

Mexican Pulled Pork Lettuce Tacos

Have I mentioned lately how much I love my slow cooker crock pot? I have recently gone back to working three twelve hour shifts per week, so my love for my slow cooker has grown even more. It allows me to have a healthy, home cooked meal for my family on the nights I do not get home until 8pm. I just walk in the door and eat something yummy!


MEXICAN PULLED PORK LETTUCE TACOS
Serves: 6
2 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed of excess fat 
sea salt
freshly cracked black pepper
1 tsp cumin
2 bay leaves
1 tsp oregano
1 small onion, peeled and quartered
juice of 1 lime
juice of 1 orange
2 cups water

lettuce leaves, i used romaine
tomatoes, chopped
avocado, chopped
freshly shredded pepper jack cheese

1. Place all ingredients through water in your crock pot/slow cooker. Cook over low heat 8-10 hours or over medium heat for 6 hours (whichever works best with your schedule!)
2. Remove cooked pork from pot. Shred using two forks. Mix pork with a little of the pan juices and onions for flavor.
3. Serve over lettuce leaves with chopped tomato, avocado and freshly shredded pepper jack cheese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment