The perfect winter meal using the crock pot, an inexpensive piece of meat and vegetables. Plus, it feeds a ton and is healthy!
BEEF POT ROAST
adapted from paleoplan.com
1 Tbs coconut oil
3 lb lean beef pot roast, rump roast or chuck shoulder, trimmed of excess fat
2 yellow onions, sliced
8 carrots, quartered
2 celery stalks, quartered
1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
1 Tbs ground thyme
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 bay leaf
3 cups water
1. Mix together pepper, thyme, oregano and salt in a small bowl.
2. Rub mixture into meat on all side of the roast.
3. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add oil.
4. Sear all sides of meat for 1-2 minutes each side and set aside. You want to have a nice brown sear on the meat.
5. Put roast in crock pot. Add onions around the roast. Add carrots and celery on top of onions and roast. Add bay leaf and water. Cook on medium for 8-10 hours.
6. I like to shred the meat and serve it and the vegetables topped with some of the juice in the crock pot!
The meat is great as a leftover on salads too!