Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Red Flannel Hash

If you have never tried fresh beets, this is a great recipe to try. Fresh beets are absolutely delicious. In this recipe they are a little crunchy and sweet. I love eating them because just looking at their vibrant color makes me feel like I am getting lots of nutrients. Red Flannel Hash is a recipe from Cooking Light magazine March 2011. I have altered by leaving out two ingredients that I think it is wonderful without. I hope you try it and love it!



RED FLANNEL HASH
Serves: 4
1 Tbs olive oil
8 ounces grass fed ground sirloin
1 cup chopped red onion
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced or 2 tsp preminced garlic
2 cups shredded red cabbage (about 1/2 small head)
3 medium beets, shredded (I shred my peeled beets using a shred attachment in my food processor)
1/2 cup water
2 Tbs apple cider vinegar

1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add beef to pan; cook 4 minutes, stirring to crumble.
2. Add onion, salt, pepper and garlic; saute 5 minutes. 
3. Add cabbage, beets, water and vinegar. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until liquid evaporates.
Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment