Sunday, November 27, 2011

Lemon Rosemary Chicken


I have been making this chicken for ten years. When I was a senior in high school, my mom decided she was done cooking every night. She has never loved cooking and we were always at school events or my dad was home late from work and I think she got tired of cooking and people not all being able to eat. So, I developed my love of cooking then. It started with mainly baking but eventually got to where I cooked dinner for us some nights. This chicken was the first chicken I ever made. Back then, I would broil the chicken. Now I saute it. The great thing about this recipe is that it is no fail... good every time! Plus I love making it because it brings back fond memories of cooking in my mother's kitchen and beginning to love it! Thanks mom for helping to make me realize one of my passions!

LEMON ROSEMARY CHICKEN
Serves: 4
2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, I filet the breasts down the middle lengthwise to equal four thin breasts
1 tsp dried rosemary
1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
2 Tbs fresh lemon juice, usually one large lemon
1 Tbs water
1 Tbs olive oil
2 tsp honey
1 tsp wheat free soy sauce such as tamari
1/2 tsp mustard

In an 8x8 glass pan, combine all ingredients except chicken breasts. Place breasts in pan. Marinate overnight, flipping the breasts to the other side in the morning.
To cook:
  Remove breasts from marinade. Discard marinade.
  Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Place breasts in pan. Cook 4 minutes. Turn breasts. Cook 4 minutes more or until they are cooked through. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment