Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Maple Syrup Salmon

I am working a lot this week. This is the kind of week where planning ahead, the crock pot and simple meals comes in handy. Monday I put a roast, onions, potatoes and carrots in the crock pot with some spices. 10 hours later, a fresh meal was waiting for me when I got home from work. Evan steamed a little broccoli and we were good to go. Last night I whipped up one of our staples before I went to teach. I have made this salmon recipe more times than I can count, and I am still not sick of it. I originally got the recipe from my mother in law and I am not sure where she got it from. Either way, it is delicious every time! I served it with a yummy salad topped with lots of chopped raw vegetables and raspberries.



MAPLE SYRUP SALMON
Serves: 4
1 lb boneless, skinless salmon
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 Tbs soy sauce
1 garlic clove, minced (if you use the preminced garlic in the jar this is about 1/2 tsp)

Line a cookie sheet with foil. Grease foil with spray or olive oil. Place salmon on foil.
Combine syrup, soy sauce and garlic in a small bowl. Pour over salmon.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment