Monday, October 10, 2011

Loving my greens... Sauteed Kale


Last night was vegetable night! I try to make all vegetable dinners at least twice a week. It increases our vegetable intake and is often cheaper... plus I just love veggies! Some of my favorite vegetables are root vegetables and greens. Last night I made the beet and turnip recipes in this month's issue of Southern Living. They were good. I will probably not make the turnip recipe again just because it did not have tons of flavor. To accompany them I made my favorite kale recipe. As always, it was delicious. I will share it below!

SAUTEED KALE
2 large bunches kale, you can use any variety of kale, torn off stem and washed
1/2 large onion, diced
1/2 large tomato, diced
1 tbs minced garlic

In large skillet or pot, heat 1 tsp olive oil over medium heat. Saute onions until tender. Add tomatoes and saute 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add kale in handfuls, allowing each handful of kale to wilt before you add the next handful. Once all the kale is in the pot, add 1/8 cup water to pan, stir and cook for 10 minutes. Sea Salt and pepper to taste. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment