Monday, March 4, 2013

Asian Beef Broccoli Stir Fry for Dinner and Breakfast


I have been in a cooking rut. I am craving easy food that is wholesome, delicious and does not take a lot of time. Hence this stir fry. This stir is best made ahead and eaten as leftovers because the flavor gets better and more intense.

I also have been over scrambled eggs. So, I have been trying to be more creative with breakfast. So, we had this leftover stir fry for breakfast! It was so filling and satisfying. I was not hungry for hours. I plan to eat meat and veggie meals for breakfast more often now! I just ate a bowl of the stir fry but for hubbie I put two fried eggs on the top of his bowl. He loved it.


Stayed tuned for some yummy breakfast casserole recipes (also in my attempt to not just have scrambled eggs every morning). I love them because they are easy, use what is already on hand and can be made ahead and eaten all week.

 
ASIAN BEEF BROCCOLI STIR FRY
adapted from Stir it Up
Serves: 4
 
 
1 lb grass fed ground beef
1 package (8 oz) sliced mushrooms, diced small
1 medium yellow onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 bag broccoli slaw
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup chopped fresh spinach
4 Tbs tamari wheat free soy sauce
2 Tbs rice wine vinegar
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
 
1. In a large skillet, cook ground beef, crumbling it as you cook. Once cooked through, set aside.
 
2. Meanwhile, Heat 1 Tbs coconut oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes.
 
3. Stir in onions, garlic, broccoli slaw and carrots. Stir and cook 5 minutes.
 
4. Turn heat to low.
 
5. Add spinach. Stir. Add soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, salt, pepper and ground beef. Stir and let cook a few minutes to allow flavors to combine.
 
6. Eat for any meal!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Very great recipe! I really like how you combined and mix the broccoli, beef and egg. I think this would be perfect for my dinner tomorrow. Thanks for sharing this!

    Easy Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete