This bread has also been very welcome because it is winter and I enjoy baking and having my oven on. This Sunday we had our biggest snow yet- about 8 inches. It was beautiful. Then yesterday the sun came out, the temperature went up and a lot of it melted. We were able to take the dog for two walks- beautiful, perfect Colorado weather!
PALEO CINNAMON SWIRL BANANA BREAD
Makes: 1 loaf
2 cups blanched almond flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup organic unsalted grass fed butter or coconut oil, melted
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (4 small or 3 large bananas)
For the Swirl:
1 Tbs cinnamon
1 Tbs maple syrup
1 Tbs melted butter or coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place dry ingredients for the bread in a large bowl. Stir. Add butter, eggs and banana. Stir to combine.
3. Grease a regular size loaf pan with coconut oil. Pour batter into pan.
4. In a small bowl, combine swirl ingredients.
5. Spoon swirl mixture over the top of the batter. Using a knife, swirl topping into batter.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes, checking for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the bread. It should come out clean.