Saturday, September 29, 2012

Lunchtime Gut Check- Raw Fruit and Vegetables with Roasted Chicken

Have I mentioned lately how blessed I am to live where I live. And I do not just mean in a beautiful place in Colorado, but also for my home and neighborhood. I have the best neighbors ever. They are all so kind and welcoming and down to earth. My neighbors on each side of me are gardeners and have blessed us with their bounty. One couple next to us has quite the green thumb and has been a huge blessing to us. Below is a basket of the bounty they gave us this week!


I mean what does a girl do to deserve this! So, as I am inspired by the wonderful acorn and butternut squash I have been gifted, stay tuned for some delicious recipes. I also plan to make Chicken Veggie Meatballs with Homemade Veggie Tomato Sauce for my bible study group this week. I will share that with you later this week!


This is Mocha checking out the goodies. Is she not the cutest!

On to my post this week. When I was taking the picture you will see below my husband asked me what I was doing. I told him what I am about to tell you, and he said, "harsh." But I want to take a minute to address lunch. My posts are often on what we eat for dinner or breakfast. I promise we do eat lunch everyday though. I often make enough dinner so we can eat it again for lunch the next day. But sometimes there is not enough or we are out for bible study the night before and I do not cook. So, what do we do for lunch then? We always have a lean protein and either raw vegetables and fruit or a veggie fruit smoothie.


I share this with you because I feel like lunch is a meal that is often overlooked until it is upon us. Then people often go for foods that are lacking in nutritional content like sandwiches, fast food, bagels, pizza, etc. So, I want to take today and have a gut check. What are you eating for lunch? Do you take the time to be prepared with a fresh, nutrient dense meal that leaves you energized until dinner OR do you grab whatever you can find and end up feeling overly full and tired, especially when 3 o' clock hits? I encourage you to cook extra at night or cook some extra meat and chop some extra veggies sunday night and eat them all week long. Try it out and let me know if your overall day improves, especially your energy and stress level!

No comments:

Post a Comment