Saturday, September 8, 2012

Fresh Summer Salmon Salad with Peaches and Avocado





Summer is almost over. This has been a wonderful summer with lots of fun change and now I cannot wait for fall. Fall is colorado is beautiful. The aspens are our favorite. If you hit the mountains on the right weekend the landscape is a sea of yellow. We went on a hike this morning and the very tops of the trees were started to turn yellow. I am hoping the peak leaf change will be when my parents are here in two weeks. My dad would just love it. Crossing my fingers!

Since fall is upon us, I hope you will get in your kitchen and try this yummy summer salad before it is too late. The picture does not do it justice. The salmon is delicious; the vegetables are crunchy which is a nice contrast to the smooth avocado. And the peaches are an unexpected burst of fresh flavor. I happened upon this salad by mistake (I took all that needed to be eaten and threw it in the bowl) but it was so good. Don't you love when that happens! This recipe could easily be doubled or tripled to feed a family or make leftovers. Enjoy!

Fresh Summer Salmon Salad with Peaches and Avocado
Serves: 2

½ lb wild caught sockeye salmon, cooked as desired
½ head green leaf lettuce, torn into pieces
2 cups organic spinach leaves
½ red bell pepper, diced
½ medium cucumber, diced
3 medium carrots, diced
1 peach, sliced
½ large avocado, sliced

Divide all ingredients equally between two large bowls or plates. Eat and enjoy the fruits of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment