Monday, September 24, 2012

Crock Pot Salsa Chicken Wraps



Hello All! I hope you had a great weekend. I am late posting because my parents were in town. We had a great time just hanging out. We did go to Rocky Mountain National Park on Saturday and the Aspen trees were putting on a show of yellow. It was beautiful. While they were here I actually made chili but I made this chicken recipe a few weeks ago and have been saving it to share with you. It is fresh and filling. It is also a breeze to make, which you know I love. Stick this chicken in the crock pot and walk away. Grab your family and go see the fall leaves before it is too late! Then you will come home to a ready dinner.

CROCK POT SALSA CHICKEN WRAPS
Serves: 4, serving is 2 wraps each for me and 3-4 wraps for my husband

1 small head napa cabbage
16 oz jar mild salsa 
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
cumin, garlic powder, onion powder and chili powder to taste
(I add 1 tsp cumin, 1 Tbs garlic powder, 1 Tbs onion powder, 1 tsp chili powder)
1 can no salt added black beans, drained and rinsed
2 ears fresh corn, kernels removed
1 large tomato, diced
2 avocados, mashed
fresh cilantro

1. Place chicken and salsa in a crock pot. Add spices. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. 
2. Once chicken is done, shred it using two forks. Pull leaves off of cabbage. Wash and dry leaves. 
3. Add desired amount of chicken, black beans, fresh corn, tomato, avocado and cilantro to each cabbage leaf. Roll up and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment