Saturday, January 28, 2012

Maple Mustard Glazed Chicken

I am always looking for chicken recipes because it sometimes gets old making the same ones over and over again. When I saw this recipe in my Jan/Feb 2012 issue of Cooking Light I knew it would be good. The best part is that you probably have all the ingredients already on hand! My picture does not look anywhere near to as good as theirs, but I will share it anyway. One difference was that I did not have stone ground mustard on hand so I used dijon mustard. I think it would have been either better with the stone ground mustard. If you also do not have it, just sub whatever mustard you have. Also usually split my chicken breasts in half lengthwise to make for faster cooking and easier leftovers. That way everyone gets their own breast and it is not this huge out of portion 6oz breast.


MAPLE MUSTARD GLAZED CHICKEN
Serves: 4

2 tsp olive oil
2 8oz skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, split in half lengthwise to make 4 thin breasts
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 c. low sodium chicken broth
1/4 c. maple syrup
2 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
2 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
1 Tbs dijon mustard

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Heat a large oven proof skillet over medium high heat. Add oil and swirl to coat pan. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper . Add chicken to pan and saute 2 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
3. Add broth, syrup, thyme and garlic to pan. Bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook 2 minutes, frequently stirring. Add vinegar and mustard, cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Return chicken to pan and spoon mustard mixture over chicken.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 2 minutes. Remove. If desired, remove chicken from pan and heat sauce over medium heat for two minutes until liquid is syrupy. Serve over chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment