I have been making the same chili for years. It is a basic recipe that is good, but I wanted to try something with a little more depth. This is it! This chili is thicker than most chilies and has a complex flavor. The greatest part is that I can make it in the crock pot, a busy woman's best friend. I hope you try this recipe and let me know what you think. I am happy to be back and look forward to many recipes to come that give your body what it needs to be healthy!
CROCK POT CHILI
Adapted from: debbie's crock pot chili at www.food.com
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp oregano
1/8 tsp ground red pepper
1 lb grass fed ground sirloin
1/4 cup diced onion
1 cup diced bell pepper (whatever you have, i used green and orange)
28 oz can diced tomatoes
15 oz can no salt added tomato sauce
2 (15oz) cans no salt added kidney beans
1. Mix together seasonings in a small bowl. set aside
2. In a large pot, cook ground sirloin until no longer pink.
4. Add onion and spices to the pan. Stir and cook 2 minutes.
5. Place all ingredients in crock pot EXCEPT one can of beans.
6. Place the other can of beans in a blender and process until smooth. Add to crock pot.
7. Stir together.
8. Cook on low for 8 hours.