Monday, July 9, 2012

Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Kabobs



This is a classic summer dish that I am so happy to get to make on my new grill. I have mentioned how much I love having a grill again! I would definitely recommend you use metal skewers because I tried it before with wood skewers and the skewers burned even though I had soaked them. This recipe is simple and delicious. It is also easy to make for a crowd. If you make a side to go with them one skewer is enough for each person. If this is the meal itself, which we did this time, each person will probably eat two skewers. I hope you will make it soon and let me know what you think!

GRILLED CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE KABOBS
Makes: 6 skewers

1 large red onion, but into large chunks
1 large red bell pepper, cut into large chunks
1 orange bell pepper, cut into large chunks
1 large yellow squash, cut into large chunks
2 green squash/ zucchini, cut into large chunks
14 cherry tomatoes of any color
1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into large chunks

1. Place/ string vegetables and chicken on skewers, alternating all the different ingredients to your liking. 
2. Drizzle skewers with olive oil and sprinkle with a grill seasoning of your choice such as Grill Shakers. 


3. Heat grill over medium heat. Grill skewers, rotating every few minutes, until the chicken is cooked through- about 10 minutes. 
4. EAT!


And here is a picture of my cute dog that is wondering why I interrupted her chilling to take pictures on her deck:)


No comments:

Post a Comment