Sunday, June 24, 2012

Cheesy Crustless Veggie Quiche



I'm back! Wow, what a crazy and amazing past two weeks. We had a great week visiting with our families. Then my wonderful husband graduated from chiropractic school, we celebrated with a party and moved to Colorado all within one week. This is my first post while living in Colorado.

This recipe was one I made before the move where the weather was a little cooler. This quiche is full of vegetables, good egg protein and topped with yummy, unpasteurized cheese. I love the way the cheese turns into a flavorful crust on the top. I cooked this in an 11x7 pan and it served two people because it was all we had for dinner and my husband loved it so much. If you served it with a salad or steamed vegetable like green beans this would serve four people. I am happy to be back posting. Let me know what you think about the quiche!



CHEESY CRUSTLESS VEGGIE QUICHE
Serves: 2-4

1 medium onion, diced
1 1/2 Tbs minced garlic
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp seasoning salt
1/2 large red bell pepper, diced
 1 1/2- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli florets
1/2 cup grated carrot
8 eggs
1/2 cup shredded unpasteurized cheddar cheese such as Organic Valley

1. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add onion, saute 5 minutes. Add garlic, pepper and seasoning salt. Stir and cook 1 minute. Add broccoli, red pepper and carrot. Stir. Saute 10 minutes. 
2. Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Set aside. 
3. Coat an 11x7 glass pan with cooking spray. Add cooked vegetables to pan. Pour eggs over vegetables. Top with cheese.
4. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment