Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sweet Potato and Apple Sausage Hash







Hello all! I know I said I was going to post a delicious apple recipe and I have not forgotten. This is note the one I was originally talking about but is definitely one of them. The original will be coming next week when I am not too lazy to load the new pictures from this week:) But since I am too lazy it means you get to hear about this amazing recipe that is good for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This hash is fabulous. It is sweet and hearty all at the same time. We have literally had for all three meals of the day and often have to discuss who gets to eat the last of it. Another great thing is that it is easy!

Other than delicious hash I do not have too much to share. I did find out a few weeks ago that I will be an aunt again and am thrilled about it! I love being an aunt so much... the only thing that would make it any better would be to get to see all of my sweet family more often. We got to do some beautiful hiking yesterday and today. Fall is still alive and beautiful here and it is breathtaking. The mountains in the distance have snow on them, the skies are blue and the trees are all sorts of autumn colors. God is good.
Also our dear friends had a baby on friday and we got to go see them today. He is a beautiful baby and mom and dad are thrilled. I am grateful to have so much love and new life in my life (and delicious food :) I hope you all have a great week until next week!


SWEET POTATO AND APPLE SAUSAGE HASH
Adapted from Multiply Delicious
Serves: 3-4


1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced small
1 apple, peeling optional, diced small
1 tsp cinnamon
3 links fresh chicken apple sausage from your local grocer (make sure it is fresh made in house with good chicken and no nitrates- ask for an ingredient list to check)
1/4 cup onion, diced
3-4 cups fresh spinach, chopped

1. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 Tbs coconut oil. Add sweet potato, apple and cinnamon. Stir. Cook until tender- approximately 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep potatoes from burning. 
2. Meanwhile, heat a second large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tsp coconut oil. Remove sausage from casings and put sausage into pan. Add onions. Cook until cooked through using a spoon to crumble sausage. Add spinach and allow to wilt- this will take 1-2 minutes. 
3. Add potatoes and apples to sausage. Stir and eat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment