Monday, May 7, 2012

Fresh Corn Salad



Things have been crazy here at the White household lately. Evan is getting ready to graduate in June and things are full speed ahead! Sadly we looked back and I had cooked a full meal only once last week. We ate out twice and just pieced together raw meals the other nights. Anyone out there that can relate? Thank goodness I had this delicious recipe in my archive to share with you. This is perfect for spring and summer and comes together in no time. Plus it is all raw. The corn is sweet and crunchy, the avocado smooth and the tomatoes acidic. Perfection.

Just real quick I want to show you my cute dog. I take the pictures of the food by our office window because it has good light. This is also the window my dog always looks out. This is her patiently waiting on me to finish.


Also another reason I have been busy is that I was finishing my mom's lap quilt. It was my second quilt I have done. I have to thank Anne Nicholson for the amazing sewing lessons. I enjoyed doing this quilt for my mom so much. Love you mom!


On to the recipe!

FRESH CORN SALAD
Serves: 4

3 ears fresh corn
1 large avocado
1 tomato 
1/2 of a lime
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp sea salt
drizzle of olive oil (less than 1 tsp)

1. Cut the kernels off the ears of corn and place in a medium bowl. Dice avocado and tomato. Add to bowl. Gently toss.
2. Squeeze lime juice over bowl. Add pepper and salt. Drizzle with olive oil. Gently toss.
This is yummy eaten cold or room temperature. 


2 comments:

  1. LOVE mom's quilt! And this recipe sounds yummy. I will have to make it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! I love how mom's quilt turned out too. Let me know how you like the corn salad

      Delete