Sunday, June 16, 2013

Chinese Beef and Broccoli with Kale


Things have been busy here. My mom came out almost two weeks ago for a week to hang out and help get the nursery ready. We had so much fun just being together and shopping for the perfect items to decorate with. She and my dad were so generous to buy the baby furniture and decor as their gift to us. I absolutely LOVE the nursery. I think it is fresh and beautiful. Thanks mom for helping me!!

After mom left last Tuesday, we just had a busy week serving in our chiropractic clinic. This weekend the hubbie and I have been spending some much needed time just the two of us. Unfortunately for him this recipe is actually one I made a few weeks ago and not today. It is delicious. The ground beef is grass fed and full of great vitamins like Iron. The broccoli is like a multivitamin by itself. I added baby kale to punch of the nutrition factor! I love that this meal is a one skillet wonder. The spices are to our taste so you could easily adapt this for your family's palate. Enjoy!

CHINESE BEEF AND BROCCOLI WITH KALE
Serves: 4

1 lb grass fed ground beef
1/2 medium onion, diced
1 Tbs coconut flour
3 cups broccoli florets, chopped small
3 cups baby kale, chopped
2-3 Tbs tamari gluten free soy sauce
1 Tbs raw honey
1 tsp sesame oil

1. Heat a large, greased cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef and onions. Cook, stirring to crumble the meat, until beef is cooked through. Turn heat to high to cook off any fat from the meat, then return the heat to medium. Add coconut flour and stir mixture. 
2. Add broccoli. Cook 3-5 minutes until slightly tender. Add kale and all sauce ingredients (soy sauce through oil). Stir. Cook until the kale is wilted and the sauce is a little bubbly. 

EAT!

1 comment:

  1. Hillary, I just LOVE your site! It's given me so much inspiration to cook healthy meals. I love every recipe I've tried. I'm also so excited for you and Evan in welcoming this new baby soon. Hope you guys are thriving out in CO. Miss you, and thanks again for your awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete