Friday, August 10, 2012

Raw Almond Butter



I have so many amazing recipes to share with you. Looking at my "stash" I had the hardest time trying to decide which one to start with. Between it being summer, me having more free time and us getting a grill I have been cooking a lot. One of the things I learned after moving to Colorado is that the almond butter I used to buy costs $3 more out here! Yes, it is the same exact product from the same exact store. So, I decided to start making my own. It is easy and now I get almond butter that is completely raw (I use unroasted, unsalted almonds) and is is cheaper. I wait until the bulk raw almonds are on sale at my local grocer and buy multiple pounds. The taste is so pure and amazing! So, without further ado... the recipe.

Raw Almond Butter
Makes 2 cups

1. Place 3 cups of raw, unroasted and unsalted almonds in the bowl of a food processor.
2. Turn on food processor. The almonds will go through a series of consistencies so you have to kinda watch it. I usually make this recipe when I am in the kitchen already doing something else. 
3. The almonds will become the consistency of dust, then will thicken and stick to the sides of the bowl. At this point, you will periodically have to stop and scrape down the sides. Then they will form into a ball and then puree into butter. 
The whole process takes about 17 minutes in my processor. Once the almonds reach the large ball form and then start to puree, I usually let them puree for 10 minutes until it gets smooth and creamy.

You will never go back to store bought again!


No comments:

Post a Comment