Sunday, September 18, 2011

Cashew Dip


I have to thank my friend Sam Shriner for telling me about soaking cashews for dips. She shared me with a delicious dip of soaked cashews, red pepper, garlic and sea salt that i just had to make for myself. When she said red pepper, I instantly thought of the vegetable. Now that I made the dip myself I realize she meant the spice, but I think my misunderstanding has led to a delicious new dip for vegetables!! Although in this picture the dip looks more orange, it is a beautiful red color, and tastes as good as it looks. Thanks Sam!


CASHEW DIP
1 organic red bell pepper, chopped
1 cup raw, unsalted cashews that have been soaked in water at least 3 hours and drained
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
sea salt and freshly cracked pepper

Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. If you need to, you can add water a teaspoon at a time to help smooth out dip. Taste dip and add more seasoning if desired. Serve with fresh chopped vegetables such as carrots, bell pepper, cucumber, celery, radish and broccoli.

                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment